Wednesday, January 16, 2013

1: reflection hopes and thoughts

The first day of class went beyond the typical name game and allowed us to share on a deeper level when we talked about why we want to be teachers. This created an open and honest environment that I hope will remain throughout the semester because I think that conversation is one of the best learning tools we have.

My main personal objective for this class (as well as my other education classes) is to learn how to be an effective teacher. I think that this course will be especially helpful because it focuses on things that apply to all kids of every age. I'm really looking forward to learning more about types of instruction, different learning styles and what works best with them, and classroom management. All of these things will help me to meet each of my student's needs once I'm a teacher. 

My concern for this class is that I will not be able to absorb all of the material presented to me. These topics are so crucial to being an effective teacher, but the depth and breadth of the textbook makes me a little worried that I won't be able to take it all in. BUT, I'm genuinely excited about this class and the fact that we are finally taking classes that are really talking about what to do as a teacher.

This has nothing to do with this post.. but I love it!

3 comments:

  1. I am going to post on your blog for the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to post on you blog this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that the activity created an good environment! And as for the material, what I found with my Ed Psych classes was that the material was always there in the back of my mind and it really helped me understand some things, like why my students were being self-centered and didn't understand other's feelings (which can be explained with Piaget).

    ReplyDelete